SFB Miniworkshop on C*-Algebras, C*-Bundles, and Group Actions
University of Münster, 25-29 November 2013
*Photo taken by Thomas Timmermann
This miniworkshop will introduce the participants to certain areas of current interest in the study of C*-algebras. It will be primarily aimed at early career researchers (graduate students and postdocs). It will revolve around the following three lecture series:
- Invariants of C*-bundles (Marius Dadarlat, Purdue University)
Abstract: Continuous field C*-algebras play the role of bundles in C*-algebra theory. We will discuss invariants of continuous fields which integrate the base space along with homological invariants of the fibers. We plan to report on recent developments in the structure and classification theory of continuous field C*-algebras.
- Actions of finite groups on Kirchberg algebras (N. Christopher Phillips, University of Oregon, Eugene)
Abstract: We will consider the classification of pointwise outer actions of finite groups on Kirchberg algebras. The best results are for cyclic groups of prime order. Ingredients include equivariant semiprojectivity, equivariant versions of Kirchberg's absorption theorems, and Koehler's universal coefficient theorem for equivariant KK-theory for cyclic groups of prime order.
There will also be a few contributed short talks by the following speakers:
- Regularity of nuclear C*-algebras (Wilhelm Winter, University of Münster)
Abstract: I will explain some recent progress on the interplay between Z-stability and finite nuclear dimension for nuclear C*-algebras, and a number of consequences for the classification program.
- Reduced filtered K-theory for Cuntz-Krieger algebras (Sara Arklint, University of Copenhagen)
- Trying coarse geometry for noncommutative spaces (Tathagata Banerjee, University of Göttingen)
- K-theory for crossed products by Z^2-actions (Selcuk Barlak, University of Münster)
- Circle actions on C*-algebras up to KK-equivalence and some other cases (Rasmus Bentmann, University of Göttingen)
- Decomposition of simple Cuntz semigroups (Martin Engbers, University of Münster)
- Existence and uniqueness theorems for circle actions on Kirchberg algebras (Eusebio Gardella, University of Oregon, Eugene)
- The KK-lifting problem for dimension drop interval algebras (Zhiqiang Li, East China Normal University, Shanghai)
Limited funding is available through SFB 878 Groups, Geometry & Actions to (partly) cover the local expenses of those participants, who do not have access to an alternative source of funding.
The deadline for funding application has passed. Successful applicants have been notified by email.
The registration period is now over.
Participants are kindly advised to use eduroam within the university premises. Alternative arrangements will be made for those, who cannot use the eduroam facility.
Here is a link to an interactive city map. Some more information is available here.
The miniworkshop dinner will take place on Wednesday (27 November 2013) at Buddha Palace.
Participants are kindly requested to arrange their own accommodation. Visitors to the university frequently stay at one of the following hotels:
This miniworkshop is sponsored by SFB 878 Groups, Geometry & Actions. Visitors to this website are encouraged to take a look at some other SFB 878 activities.